Thursday, January 6, 2011

Introduction

Why would anyone want to read this?  Twenty-somethings these days have a notorious reputation for being self-involved (oops...I guess just by starting this blog I'm kinda proving that one to be true.  oh well.), whiny, and possessing grand senses of entitlement.  Ok, I can see where people might get that impression.  And ok, maybe saying I am tormented could be construed as over-dramatic and maybe some of these entries will border on whiny, and maybe assuming anything I have to say is worthy of others attention on the Internet is a bit self-involved, and, ok, perhaps the majority of my torment comes from what I feel to be an unjust turn of events and circumstances that has led me to where I am today, and maybe that stems from a sense of entitlement.

Ok, maybe.

But you know what else twenty-somethings are particularly good at?  Not giving a damn what others think, and doing whatever we want.  Probably has something to do with our self-involvement. And entitlement.  What I do know, is I am definitely not where I thought I would be at this point, and have decided that instead of torturing myself by ruminating on it over and over, while spending hours glaring frustratedly at my computer screen trying to come up with something, ANYTHING new to look up online because there is nothing for me to do at "work", maybe I'd transfer that energy into writing.  And maybe somebody would get a chuckle out of reading about my plights.  And maybe not, but, as I mentioned before, if you don't care, neither do I.


One more thing....most of the torment I experience is inflicted by my boss and co-workers; I am hoping that my tales of woe will make others either feel better about their own situations, or simply feel better knowing they are not alone in career limbo.

I just re-read this post.  No wonder we twenty-somethings have the reputation we do.  Oh well, here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment